Lovely Anna has nominated me for a Liebster – she thinks I’m someone to read! So, since both running and knitting have taken something of a back seat this week (I’ve run a whole 11 miles…which doesn’t feel like much at all, and most of it was a struggle. We’re at that time of year where humidity and heat combine to make it hard for this asthmatic. Add in recovery and, yeah. Slowly but surely is the motto), I’m taking the easy way out and Liebstering at you. Because it’s more interesting than contemplating the wear patterns on my shoes…
Or sharing my current James Herriot obsession. I’m in the midst of a re-read, and have bought a copy of his biography. The lovely story books he wrote are just those – stories. Very loosely autobiographical. But so nicely told. I went to The World of James Herriot with Dad when I left uni in York. I got so emotional, I actually started crying when we went into Skeldale House and the theme music from the TV Series started playing. I am wet. Fountains Abbey didn’t have quite the same effect, despite being vastly more beautiful.
I’m to answer 11 questions, then pose 11 more questions for some friends…
1. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Mmm. Food. I’d start with an avocado and egg salad, with lots of greens, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. Main would be spaghetti bolognese, made to Jamie’s recipe, because it’s glorious. And pudding? Phish food ice cream with raspberries. I think that would suit both my sweet tooth, and be reasonably healthy. And allow me cheese and avocado as I go through.
2. On a similar note, what would be your last meal on Earth?
Starter: one of those all you can eat salads from the Harvester, with bacon bits. My Mum’s pasta carbonara recipe, which involves a lot of butter, bacon, and cheddar cheese. It is very un-Italian. We allow ourselves one dinner a year of this particular dish, as it involves about three days worth of fat, and two days worth of calories. It really is awesomely yummy. And a superbly rich chocolate ice cream sundae. Accompanied by a very good red wine, and then a dessert wine to go with the pudding. No. Dessert champagne. Utterly sweet that stuff, and perfect with pudding.
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
To do the Brownies and Guides accounts simply by thinking about doing them.
4. What annoys you the most in life that other people do/don’t do?
Oooooh. Not answering my texts, and emails, and phone calls, to my timetable….and then needing reminding/chasing up.
5. What’s your favourite movie?
Withnail & I. I walked up the aisle to Withnail’s Theme. The organist arranged it especially, based on a recording on the CD which came with the 25th Anniversary Special Edition. We also have the 30th Anniversary Special Edition. And I have a bog standard copy should anyone wish to borrow it.
6. If you had to dress up in fancy dress, who/what would you be?
Oh. Let me show you….
7. What’s your biggest weakness?
Chocolate ice cream. Or gin. I have a lot of gin – people seem to think I drink it more speedily than one a week (tops), and give me gin as a present. I do love me a small batch distillery.
8. Favourite exercise and why?
Trail running. I’m inherently lazy, so I feel like I’m really stretching myself while going slowly, and, because it’s hilly, I can go slowly on occasion, and still push myself. I’m weird.
9. If you could go back in time and tell yourself something when you were at school, what would it be?
Play in the lacrosse match you were offered a spot in. It’s the last one of the year, and you will never get the opportunity to represent your school on a sports team again.
10. If you could only RACE one distance ever again, what distance would it be?
Half Marathon. It’s my favourite (note, I still get to run more than 13.1 miles if I want to. Clever question). I think I’ve done 22 half marathons now. And my next will be High Wycombe.
So. Whom to tag? Well, there’s several people who’ve been very quiet on their blogs…. some for several years, so I’m not sure it’s fair to tag them. Anyhow, the idea being to get to know more bloggers…
Lovely Mrs Spit. Knitlet, Frogspawn21 (whose newer blog I’ve misplaced…so I’m sure she’ll comment), TrexesAndTiaras, HotChocolateJuju.
And The Questions
- What is your favourite book?
- How long is your commute?
- Tea or coffee? Why?
- Who is the first person from the internet that you met in real life?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favourite thing in the world to do?
- Where is your favourite travel destination?
- What is your favourite Disney film?
- If you can knit, what are you most proud of finishing? If you can’t, what would you like to knit?
- When was the last time you changed your email password?
- Fruit cake or sponge cake? Why?